Dunbar Magnet School Media Center
500 St. Anthony Street
Mobile, Alabama 36603
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished through the following:
- By providing digital and physical access to materials in all formats
- By providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- By working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students
Hours and Access
The Library is open from 7:20 to 2:15 every school day, but operates on a flexible schedule based on student need.
- Students may check out 2 books for 14 days.
- Teachers and students may renew books unless another patron has a reserve placed on the material.
- No fines will be charged; however, a student will not be allowed to check out or reserve another book until the book is returned or replacement cost is paid.
- Overdue notices will be provided regularly through the homeroom teachers.
The library advisory committee consists of faculty, parents and students and advises on local issues and material selection. Dunbar Magnet School library follows the District policies for selecting materials, budgeting, Internet acceptable use, and reconsideration of materials requests. See the Mobile County Public School System Library Media Services Handbook for more information.
Students are required to have their I.D. Badges for check-out, office, and cafe.
Replacement lanyards are $2.00
*Be sure to check out the links section of the library page for helpful student and parent resources!